In a life-threatening situation you can call 112.
Emergency during opening hours
For urgent matters during opening hours you can call our 'emergency line'via the GP practice number 020 622 7471 and select option 1.
A team member will answer your call within 30 seconds.
Emergency outside opening hours
For urgent matters outside opening hours you can call Huisartsenposten Amsterdam (GP Posts Amsterdam) via number: 088 00 30 600
At the GP posts all GPs in the region work together. You will only be helped for matters that cannot wait until normal working hours and after a telephone appointment.
- Huisartsenposten Amsterdam can be reached by telephone Monday until Friday from 17.00 until 08.00 hours and during weekends and on public holidays 24 hours a day.
- The GP Posts can only be visited after a telephone appointment.
- You can be helped faster if you have the following information present:
- your Citizen Service Number (BSN)
- your health insurance card
- the name of your GP
- your medication use
- During the evenings, weekends and holidays the GPs work from five GP Posts spread across Amsterdam.
During the nights (from 23:00 until 08:00 hours) only Huisartsenpost CentrumOost and Huisartsenpost West are open.
More information about the GP Posts can be found on the website of Huisartsenposten Amsterdam.