Locum tenency during opening hours
If the GP practice is closed (due to holidays or refresher courses), you will be automatically connected to an acting GP practice during opening hours.
Locum tenency outside opening hours
For urgent matters outside opening hours you can call Huisartsenposten Amsterdam (GP Posts Amsterdam) via number: 088 00 30 600
At the GP Posts all GPs in the region work together. You will only be helped for matters that cannot wait until normal working hours and after a telephone appointment.
- Huisartsenposten Amsterdam can be reached by telephone Monday until Friday from 17.00 until 08.00 hours and during weekends and on public holidays 24 hours a day.
- The GP posts can only be visited after a telephone appointment.
- You will be helped faster if you have the following information present:
- your Citizen Service Number (BSN)
- your health insurance card
- the name of your GP
- your medication use
- During the evenings, weekends and holidays the GPs work from five GP Posts spread across Amsterdam.
During the nights (from 23:00 until 08:00 hours) only Huisartsenpost CentrumOost and Huisartsenpost West are open.
More information about the GP posts can be found on the website of Huisartsenposten Amsterdam.
In a life-threatening situation you call 112